FREE USE OF VAN
REQUIREMENTS FOR USE OF VAN
The use of the van is at the discretion of Scott Self Storage, and is to move belongings in and out of storage locally. It is subject to availability and we are under no obligation to supply you with a van if ours is not available. An insurance charge of £20.00 is payable on all hires and must come from the drivers credit/debit card.
Please note, failure to provide the correct documents as shown below will prevent you from using the van.
BEFORE USE WE REQUIRE
• Drivers driving licence
• A Driving licence Check Code which you get from www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence
• Two forms of proof of address – see below acceptable documents
• £100 CASH deposit
• £20.00 Insurance charge via the drivers credit / debit card
The following documentation are acceptable for proof of address alongside the driver’s licence. These are the only forms of identification that we can accept.
You must provide the following,
• 2 primary forms of proof
• 1 primary proof and 1 secondary proof
Key document criteria,
• Both must be dated within 90 days of the hire date.
• The address and name on your licence must match both documents.
Primary Proof of Address. Secondary Proof Address.
Electricity, Water or Gas bill. Student loan letter.
Broadband / Landline bill. Shotgun Licence.
Council tax bill. Pay slip.
TV Licence bill. Mobile Phone Bill.
Bank Statement. Pension letters.
Credit card bill / statement. Car finance Statement.
Mortgage Statement. Loan Statement.
Polling Card. Property deed.
HMRC self-assessment / tax credit.
An annual council tax bill will be accepted. All other documents must be dated within
90 days of the hire date. The address & name on your licence must match both documents.
What is declined
• Any document relating to insurance.
• Any document that does not meet the above-mentioned criteria.
• Not be under the age of 25 or over 75 and must have held a full UK licence for 2 years.
• Have a clean driving licence and has not obtained a BA,DD or UT Conviction.
• Never have been refused motor insurance.
• No more than one fault or outstanding incident/claim in the last three years.
• Collect safety equipment.
• Return and empty van before 17.30 Weekdays, 16.30 Saturdays.
• Store/Pay for minimum 1 month.
• Replace diesel consumed – Receipt required.
• Report any damage, bumps and scrapes.
ON RETURN WE REQUIRE – Failure to comply will forfeit deposit.
• Receipt for diesel -we will charge £2 per mile + a fueling charge of £20 if the diesel is not replaced – THIS WILL BE TAKEN FROM YOUR DEPOSIT.
• We will inspect the van with the driver on return for any damage not listed on the questionnaire sheet – Any damage will result in the loss of your deposit.
• We require the van to be returned to us in the same condition that it leaves. We have the right to charge a suitable cleaning fee at our discretion.
• Safety equipment returned to office.
IF OUR VAN IS NOT RETURNED BY THE ABOVE TIMES OR OUR STAFF ARE REQUIRED TO STAY AFTER CLOSING TIME YOUR DEPOSIT WILL BE FORFEIT IN FULL. PLEASE NOTE THIS VEHICLE IS RESTRICTED TO 62MPH.
These requirements are set out by our Insurance Company and we can offer no discretion on the above requirements. If you fail to supply the correct documentation the van will not be released to you. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.